Thursday, April 18, 2024

America's Hitler Youth

I know.  You don't have to tell me.  I'm the first to say that comparisons to Hitler are overblown, and often minimize the horrors of the Holocaust.  But I'm at a loss as to how to describe these ever more brazen "protesters."  One thing is for certain.  They are not protesters as we understand it.  They are obstructors.  They are bullies.  And they freely admit to supporting Hamas, a group guilty of rape, torture and the mass murder of civilians - men, women, children and babies.

On Monday, there was an organized nationwide obstruction by these - I'm reluctant to use the word - people.  Among other things, they blocked the I-190 access to O'Hare International Airport in Chicago.  They occupied the Brooklyn Bridge, a leading thoroughfare between Manhattan and Brooklyn.  And they did the same on the Golden Gate Bridge, between San Francisco and points north.  In downtown Miami, they blocked the entrance to the port.

How did all this happen?  Certainly, these criminal obstructors are well organized, and likely well financed.  And they are showing that they have the capacity to bully the American people - they have the ability to push us around.  If any of them are here on visas, they should immediately be deported.  In some cities, the police are taking action.  In others, I suspect the police are outnumbered, and in some, likely under orders from politicians to stand down.  

Perhaps Senator Tom Cotton (R-Ark) has the answer:  "And I would encourage most people anywhere that get stuck behind criminals like this, who are trying to block traffic, to take matters int their own hands."  What if an ambulance is trying to get someone to a hospital?  Or a fire engine trying to get to a fire?  Or a pregnant woman needing to get to a hospital?  Or law enforcement rushing to an emergency?  These people should face consequences at least as severe as the January 6 protesters; and much more severe if people end up seriously ill or injured or dead because of their obstruction.  

Why aren't the Feds involved?  I assume some of these roads, bridges and airports have some federal connection.  Biden could federalize the National Guard in some of these states.  Merrick Garland could get the FBI involved.  Assuming he's not too preoccupied with investigating parents who speak up at school board meetings.  

I want to be very clear about something.  These are likely the same people threatening to withhold their votes from Biden, because he has supported Israel.  So, now, Biden is pandering to these people, to these Hamas supporting criminals.  (See my 2/18/24 post, "Why You Should Care About Dearborn, Michigan, Part II.)  Now, in Dearborn, there have chants of "Death to America," and "Death to Israel."  

Here's my question.  How many Americans have woken up to this new reality?  How many Democrats have?  How many Jews have?  I can't get a reaction to Biden violating federal law and allowing millions of people to enter the country under his watch (estimated to be 7 to 10 million people).  I can't get a reaction to the obvious election interference, democracy destroying cases against Trump.

How many people does it bother that many Jewish students are now afraid to walk alone on their college campuses?  How many Jews does it bother?  And, how many are bothered by Jewish college kids being afraid to go to their own classes?  One Columbia University professor referred to the "stunning victory of the Palestinian resistance."  Here's another Columbia professor:  "Every dirty treacherous ugly and pernicious happening in the world just wait for a few days and the ugly name "Israel" will pop up."  Here's yet another Columbia professor:  "...I'm with Hamas and Hezbollah and Islamic Jihad."

What Jewish student wouldn't be afraid of going to classes taught by these professors?  Here's a better question:  why are these Jew-hating, America-hating professors allowed to teach at Columbia?  Or anywhere?  Columbia is an Ivy League University.  It was founded in 1754 as King's College, and is the fifth oldest institution of higher learning in the country.  But history has taught that the elites gravitate towards radical left-wing movements and ideologies.  

We now have Jewish adults afraid to wear any item of clothing that may identify them as a Jew.  I keep asking myself, this can't be, can it?  After all, this is America, in the year 2024.  But, is that what the Jews asked themselves in 1938 Germany?  This can't be, can it?

2 comments:

  1. I want to write more about this in the days ahead.

    When Donald Trump was asked how 1,000 Americans dying a day could possibly mean Covid was “under control” he said, “it is what it is.”

    So forgive me if I don’t give a flying fuck about how hard it is to sit in a cold courtroom.

    When a military widow was mourning the loss of her husband, Trump told her “he knew what he had signed up for.”

    So forgive me if I don’t give a fuck about how embarrassing it is to trend for publicly passing gas in the middle of publicly passing out.

    While a rabid mob of Trump crazed zombies beat our Capitol police with their own shields, tased them and sprayed them with chemicals, he sat and watched it unfold on tv.

    So forgive me if I don’t give a fuck about how much endurance sitting in a chair with your mouth shut requires.

    When a beautiful young boy nicknamed “Smiley” was murdered in his school, Trump said we had to “get over it.”

    So forgive me if I don’t give a fuck about how challenging it is to stay awake when grownups are discussing the crimes you committed.

    When a young woman was killed, Trump lied about personally speaking with her family because he didn’t actually give a shit about any of them & just wanted to use her death for fear mongering propaganda.

    So forgive me if I don’t give a fuck about him maybe missing his trophy wife’s kid’s graduation.

    He golfed and tweeted while refrigerator trucks piled up with bodies. He ate lunch while the men and women defending our Capitol were nearly crushed to death. He joked when Paul Pelosi was attacked by a man with a hammer. He has intentionally stoked, poked, primed and prodded the cult to commit acts of violence against his foes and their families. He’s pardoned some of the most viscous, evil creatures on earth while praising despots & dictators as being “strong” at the same time. He fell “in love” with Otto Warmbier’s murderer, and became BFF’s with Khashoggi’s.

    So please forgive me if I don’t give a single, solitary flying fuck about how much personal fortitude it requires for him to sit his criminal conman, racist, rapist fat ass down in a goddamn chair in between feeding times four fucking times a week.

    Because I really, really do not give a motherfucking fuck about how “hard” he thinks he has it because at this particular moment in time, the worst consequence he’s ever faced for his lifetime of depravity, is to have to sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up for a couple of hours a couple of days a week.

    Forgive me but I just can’t seem to find a single goddamn fuck to give.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First, anonymous, you may have noticed that I do not use expletives (with rare exception) in my blog. Although I am able to delete your comment because of that, I am choosing not to do so. I have long advocated that people should hear two sides of an issue, so I am allowing your comment to stand as is. And, you are far from being the first person that I have heard from who has expressed their extreme hatred of Donald Trump. So, no surprise there. I even hear from other conservatives, expressing their displeasure with Trump, albeit with less colorful language.

      It is clear that you misunderstand me and the blog. I have never defended every word out of Trump's mouth, nor everything he's done. But, as an attorney, I am quite concerned with what's going on with these legal cases, and whether it should be the way America operates from here on out.

      I don't approve of having two systems of justice. I don't approve of a sitting president being able to target his opposing party's presidential candidate. This is an obvious instance of election interference. I don't approve of an obviously biased judge refusing to recuse himself.

      These issues are all discussed in the context of Biden vs Trump. But the principles should apply regardless of who the candidates are. And the extreme anger that many now feel for those in the opposing political party does not bode well for the future of our country.

      Delete