* (Editor's note: Are We At War With Islam? Parts I & II were posted on 8/29/10 and 9/13/10. Part III was posted 9/30/12. This is a continuation of that series.)
* The May 27, 2013 New York Times had a rather lengthy article concerning the recent rioting in Stockholm, Sweden. The article, entitled "In Sweden, Riots Put An Identity In Question," starts on page 4 and continues onto page 8. The article discusses how rioting occurred in Stockholm and throughout Sweden when "bands made up mostly of young immigrants set buildings and cars ablaze in a spasm of destructive rage rarely seen in a country proud of its normally tranquil, law-abiding ways." The article makes note of the rioting that had previously occurred in Paris and London, "which also involved mostly immigrants." They also note how "in 2008 and 2010, immigrants clashed with the police in the southern port city of Malmo."
* If you were counting on the "paper of record" to actually inform you who these rioting immigrants were, you would be disappointed. If you were counting on the "paper of record" to tell you if the rioting immigrants in Stockholm, Paris, London, Malmo and other European cities had anything in common, you would be disappointed. Here's a clue: they share the same religion...Islam. Yet the NY Times will not tell its readers that the rioters in each instance were Muslim. It is a fact that most of its readers would want to know. But the paper that claims it has "All The News That's Fit To Print," does not see fit to tell the truth. When the mainstream media, the "paper of record," will not tell the truth, the war is lost. The "useful idiots" of the left are assisting in our defeat.
* The 5/30/13 Investor's Business Daily reports that one Amina Ismail, former Egyptian reporter, is now a White House correspondent. Soon after the Boston bombing she asked Press Secretary Jay Carney this: "President Obama said what happened in Boston was an act of terrorism. I would like to ask: Do you consider the U.S. bombing on civilians in Afghanistan a form of terrorism?" (Ms. Ismail sees no difference between the targeting of civilians and the targeting of terrorists, which sometimes leads to the deaths of civilians. Or does she? Maybe she just knows to manipulate the media in order to make us feel bad about killing terrorists.) Hina Shamsi, head of the ACLU's National Security Project, has appeared on MSNBC. Said she: "There is no global jihadist movement." Hadeel Al-Shalchi, former CAIR (Council on American-Islamic Relations) Canada spokeswoman, writes anti-Israel and pro Muslim Brotherhood pieces for the AP. Sharaf Mowjood, formerly of CAIR also, has written pro-Islamist pieces for the NY Times, ABC and NBC.
* The mainstream media are co-conspirators in radical Islam's war against the West. The AP, under pressure from CAIR, will no longer use the term "Islamists" when referring to radical Muslims. The NY Times used "immigrants." The Obama Administration frequently uses "extremists." The left and "islamists" have something in common: manipulation of the language to reach their goals. So "abortion" becomes "a woman's right to choose." "Gay marriage" becomes "marriage equality." Given the lack of warming of late, "global warming" has become "climate change." And now, we see a media that will not use "radical Muslims" or "Islamists" and certainly not "Islamofascists" when referring to Muslims who murder and maim in the name of Islam.
* Recently, a British soldier by the name of Lee Rigby was literally hacked to death by two Muslim men in broad daylight on a street in London. Proud of their actions, one attacker encouraged passers-by to video him afterwards. The one stated to the cameras: "The only reason we have done this is because Muslims are dying every day." Never mind that more often than not Muslims are killing other Muslims. And, of course, the murderer (I refuse to give their names) added the mandatory "Allahu Akbar." The Times of London former editor Simon Jenkins said the public should not get worked up over "mundane acts of violence." So that's it - just get used to the brutal hacking death of a soldier on the streets of London as being "mundane." If Jenkins attitude prevails, such murders may indeed become "mundane."
* And then we had these gems. Brian Paddick, Assistant Commissioner at Scotland Yard, told us that "Islam and terrorism don't go together." David Miller, Mayor of Toronto, after learning of the plot to behead the Canadian Prime Minister by 19 Muslims said this about Islam: "It's a very peaceful religion." The BBC, a pillar of left wing ideology, somehow failed to use the word "Islam" in their story about the murder of Mr. Rigby. And they did not think it necessary to tell their viewers of the "Allahu Akbar" comment by the murderer. You see, if you want the truth about what happens in the world, you have to read and listen to conservative media outlets. If you want to remain uninformed with politically correct spins on every news story, stay with the mainstream media. After all, protecting certain groups from being offended is more important than telling the truth. (Information in this and above paragraph from an article by Mark Steyn in the 5/28/13 IBD.)
* BBC political editor Nick Robinson described the murderers of Mr. Rigby as being "of Muslim appearance." He had to apologize for saying that. Maybe the BBC can apologize to Mr. Rigby and his family and friends and fellow soldiers for his brutal slaying by Muslims. Except that they will not say the word "Muslim" in any negative context - truthful or not. The Guardian quoted a Muslim in London with this headline: "These poor idiots have nothing to do with Islam." Makes you wonder then why so many kill in the name of Islam, shouting "Allahu Akbar." (Information from article by Ayaan Hirsi Ali in the 5/28/13 WSJ.)
* One Moshen Rezaei will be running for president of Iran in next year's election. According to Interpol, Rezaei was behind the 1994 terror attack on the Jewish Center in Buenos Aires in 1994. Eighty-five people were killed and 300 were injured. Only two years prior a car bomb blew up the Israeli embassy in Buenos Aires. Iranians were also believed to be behind that terrorist attack. Isn't it comforting to know that Rezaei might be the man leading a nuclear armed Iran? (Information from 5/29/13 IBD.)
* I have to say I continue to be amazed by people telling me that under Obama the standing of the U.S. has improved throughout the world, and especially throughout the Muslim world. Except, the 3/25/13 IBD reported that approval for Obama's policies in the Muslim world has gone from 34% to 15%. That is lower than the approval of Bush's policies in his last year in office. The IBD data was from a Pew Research Center poll. Pew is considered to be one of the preeminent polling agencies in the international arena.
* President Obama recently gave a major policy address on the issues of terror and the use of drones. After telling us of both the efficacy and legality of the use of drones, he then said we need to change our policy. Drones should not be used unless we have "near certainty that no civilians will be killed or injured." That, of course, is an impossible standard to meet, and is simply another concession to the terrorists trying to kill us. After discussing "extremism" in general, Obama then referenced the "native" U.S. extremists such as at the Oklahoma City Federal Building, and at a Sikh Temple in Wisconsin. And that is how it works for the left. Ninety-nine percent of the terror attacks in the last few decades can be by Muslims, but if you are on the left it is mandatory to remind everyone about Oklahoma City. See, it's not just Muslims, right?
* Obama went on to explain that there is a "pull towards extremism (that) appears to have led to the shooting at Fort Hood and the bombing of the Boston Marathon." After referring to various terror attacks in the last few decades (without mentioning Islam or Muslims, even though Muslims caused all the attacks he referenced) he then tells us this: "Most, though not all, of the terrorism we faced is fueled by a common ideology - a belief by some extremists that Islam is in conflict with the United States and the West...Of course, this ideology is based on a lie, for the United States is not at war with Islam." I agree; the United States is not at war with Islam. American soldiers have fought and died in various countries on behalf of Muslims. But he begs the question of whether Islam is in fact at war with the U.S., Israel and the rest of the West. I do not read stories about Christians burning down mosques in the Muslim world or anywhere else. I frequently read stories of Christian Churches being burned and Christians being oppressed and even murdered throughout the Muslim world. Those stories are of no concern to the left, who give ideological support to those who would kill us.
* Is there any hope? British Prime Minister David Cameron wants an investigation into "whether universities, prisons, Muslim charities and the Internet have been at times allowed to become a 'conveyor belt' of Islamist radicalization." He expressed concern about an "extremist ideology that perverts and warps Islam to create a culture of victimhood and justified violence." Cameron went on: "We need to dismantle this process at every stage - in schools, colleges, universities, on the Internet, in our prisons, wherever it is taking place." I certainly agree with that last sentiment. The truth, however, makes me discouraged. The truth is that our schools, colleges, universities and mainstream media are institutions that are overwhelmingly dominated by the left. In every instance, until maybe someone in their own family is beheaded, those on the left will give safe harbor to the Islamofascists. The left will continue to criticize the U.S and Israel and other Western countries as oppressors of Muslims. And, as I noted in an earlier post, after Muslims murdered 3000 Americans on 9/11, the media made Muslims the victims. So just how do we stop this culture of "victimhood" when the left pushes the idea of "victimhood" on almost every so-called minority group - blacks, hispanics, women, gays and Muslims. So I ask: is there any hope?