1. It’s the economy (er,ideology) stupid! Obama said to the UN: “America has joined with nations around the world to spur growth and renewed demand that could restart job creation.” Either Obama does not know the truth, or, more likely, does not care. He has his agenda (ideology) and the economic consequences be damned! Unemployment is at 9.6%. Four million jobs lost since Obama came into office. And what do we have to show for the $700 billion in bailouts, $862 billion stimulus, $1.4 trillion in new currency printed, and $2.9 trillion added to the federal deficit? We have a DECLINE in GDP over the last three quarters from 5% to 3.7% to 2.6%. (Data from 9/24/10 article in Investor’s Business Daily.) Job creation and economic growth must take a back seat to “spreading the wealth.” Think not?
Obama wants to raise the capital gains tax. When the cost of capital is raised, there is less capital being used to create economic growth by business expansion and business creation; in other words, less jobs. In a 9/29/10 article in the IBD Ralph Reiland quotes J.D.Foster, Ph.D., at the Heritage Foundation: “Obama is willing to trade losses in jobs and wages to advance his political ideology for tax fairness.” And in case you think Heritage is biased, how about this exchange between Obama and Charles Gibson during one of the pre-election debates: GIBSON: “In each instance when the rate was dropped, revenues from the tax increased – the government took in more money. And in the 1980’s when the tax was increased to 28%, the revenues went down. So why raise it at all, given the fact that 100 million people in this country own stock and would be affected?” OBAMA: “Well, Charlie, what I’ve said is that I would look at raising the capital gains tax for purposes of fairness.”
So there you have it. Never mind that the top 10% of US households pay 70% of the total of federal income tax revenues; and 40% to 50% of Americans pay no tax. Still not “fair” enough for Obama. Or how about this line from Obama. In referring to an extension of the Bush tax cuts (which by the way the failure to extend the "cuts" would be a tax hike, even though neither Obama nor the mainstream press will call it such), Obama said such an extension would be “giving them $100,000. for people making a million dollars or more.” Silly me – I thought when people earned money it was theirs. Obviously not, as Obama considers it the government’s money and he does not want to “give” it to the people who earned it.
2. Post racial politics? Not on your life! So has Obama, the unifier, brought us post racial politics? According to J. Christian Adams, a career attorney in the Voting Section of the Civil Rights Division of the Department of Justice, his bosses “over and over and over” showed “hostility” to prosecuting any voter intimidation cases if it involved black defendants and white victims. The Obama Administration would not file election-related cases against minority defendants, no matter what the alleged violation of law. (From the 9/28/10 IBD.) So much for DOJ’s claim that they dropped the case against the Black Panthers due to an inability to prove their case. More like an unwillingness. Justice is not blind in this Administration, just racist.
So Obama favors blacks, just like he favors hispanics with his prosecution of a case against Arizona and Sheriff Joe. And according to the 9/19/10 Ventura County Star, Obama spoke to the Congressional Black Caucus in an effort to motivate them to in turn motivate black voters in their districts. (What if a white candidate urged white congressmen to motivate the white voters in their districts?) Obama also spoke to a Latino group, telling them: “…don’t forget who is standing with you, and who is standing against you…”
So rich versus poor, black and brown versus white, from the “unifier” Obama. Is this the “hope and change” he talked about?
3. We the people are stupid – just ask the Dems. According to John Kerry: “We have an electorate that doesn’t always pay that much attention to what’s going on, so people are influenced by a simple slogan rather than the facts or the truth or what’s happening.” Simple slogans, like “hope and change” perhaps? (Who knew I would agree with John Kerry.)
And recall Obama’s disdain for rural Americans, accusing them of clinging to their “guns or religion or antipathy toward people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.”
And now we have Jimmy Carter, one of the worst presidents ever, who just does not understand why Americans do not appreciate what a great job he did for us. Well, Jimmy, it might have something to do with your actual record: 18% rate of inflation when you left office, 18% interest rates, 11% unemployment, gas lines, and American hostages in Iran for over 400 days. Great job Jimmy. (Stats from 9/29/10 IBD.)
The Dems are still at it. Proving there is no limit to how low they will go, and how stupid they think we are, they have have now created the Meg Whitman maid story. The day after Whitman holds her own in a debate with Jerry Brown, longtime democrat supporter Gloria Allsleaze trots out the crying maid. It was quite a show; or should I say political stunt. Whitman hired the maid through an agency, vouching for the maid’s legality. The maid claimed (lied) she was here legally. She was paid $23 per hour. And she was crying why? Because she says she is still owed a few bucks. And she came forward risking deportation and criminal prosecution why? Because she claims she is still owed a few bucks. In responding to why she would put her client in such legal jeopardy by coming forward like this, Allsleaze said the maid had signed appropriate releases. Really? So the Dems got her to put herself at risk over a few bucks? It doesn’t passs the smell test. But does the media ask what’s really in it for her, or what she may have been promised? Do they wonder about the rather coincidental timing, and how long this whole thing may have been in the planning stages? Do they wonder what connections there were to the Brown campaign? And did they ask if the fix was already in with Obama’s racist DOJ to get a guarantee in advance that no action would be taken against the maid? Nope. Instead, the LA Slimes saw it this way: "Whitman admits maid was illegal.” (9/30/10 LA Times, page 1 of Latextra section.) Makes it sound like Whitman knew all along, as opposed to the fact that Whitman fired the maid as soon as found out the truth.
4. Biggest arms sale ever to our good ally – Saudi Arabia! That’s right. The terrorist supporting Saudis are about to get $60 BILLION of high tech armaments, including F-15’s and helicopters. As noted by Rep. Anthony Weiner, Dem. In NY’s 9th Cong. District: “Saudi schools still teach intolerance, hate and violence toward Jews, Christians and other non-muslims, and their public school textbooks accuse the Jews of attempting to take over the world, and demand that those who turn away from Islam be killed.” See how they share American values? Unlike that odious State of Israel.
Or how about this report from the 9/15/10 NY Times. One Ali Ahmad Asseri, a Saudi diplomat, has sought asylum in the US. He claims: “My life is in a great danger…if I go back to Saudi Arabia, they will kill me openly in broad daylight.” And what was his offense? Treason? No. A threat on the life of King Abdullah? No. His “crime” is he is gay. Per Nail al-Jubeir, a spokesperson at the Saudi embassy in D.C., “In general, homosexuality in Islam is unacceptable.” Quite the understatement Mr. al-Jubeir, quite the understatement.
5. More again on the mosque at Ground Zero. According to the 9/21/10 NY Times, a group of muslim leaders from various organizations gathered in NY to show their support for the Ground Zero mosque. Those attending included such “moderate” groups as the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR), the Islamic Circle of North America, and the Muslim American Society (MAS).
One Mahdi Bray of the MAS felt there was an analogy to be made of the mosque’s location with Rosa Parks, because people said to her “we want you to move, you offend us being where you are.” Really? That’s an appropriate comparison? Did Rosa Parks or her fellow blacks fly planes into buildings and kill 3000 people where she tried to board the bus and sit where she wanted? Am I missing something Mr. Bray?
How come, Mr. Bray, when you were asked about a 2000 video in which you are seen cheering for Hamas and Hezbollah, all you can say is it was taken out of context. What context would that be? When asked again at a joint news conference with your fellow muslim leaders, NONE of you would condemn Hamas as a terrorist organization? Remember, these muslim leaders are the so-called “moderates.” Which explains why, as indicated in the last blog, we are at war with Islam, and why this mosque should not be built.