* Today, Jews received the devastating news that the three kidnapped Israeli teens (Gilad Shaer, Eyal Yifrah and Naftali Fraenkel) were murdered. What are we to make of this evil? Obama said: "The United States condemns in the strongest possible terms this senseless act of terror against innocent youth." Only the Arabs do not think it is "senseless." Recall that in 2012 the entire Fogel family was murdered in their home - stabbed to death - by Arab terrorists. The mom, dad and 3 children, ages 11, 4 and 3 months, executed. The Fogel children were even younger than the three teens just found. Yet, Arab TV interviewed relatives of the murderers, who praised them as "heroes."
* Murderers of even a 3 month old baby were praised as "heroes" on Arab TV. Recall the last "intifada" when Arabs blew up Israelis on buses, in cafes, in malls and even at a Passover Seder; with those murderers also praised as martyrs. As my son said, we can shortly expect Obama to say: We urge all sides to act with restraint and we reiterate our commitment to the two state solution.
* As noted by AIPAC (American-Israel Public Affairs Committee), imagine being a 13 year old in the Israeli town of Sderot, not far from the Gaza border. According to AIPAC, that child would "have heard alarms to race to a bomb shelter more than 8500 times. That's an average of 653 times a year, or 12 times a week." One might think there would be international outrage against such relentless rocket attacks. One would be wrong. Instead, the leading European countries (England, France, Spain, Italy and Germany) are advising their citizens not to do business with Israeli companies in the West Bank.
* Meanwhile, the moral giants at the Presbyterian Church, USA, had this to say: "Of central
importance in our deliberations (to divest from companies aiding Israel) was our continued concern for Palestinians and Israelis to live in peace." I don't think the Arabs got that memo. Another moral giant, the European Union's ambassador to Israel, Lars Faaborg-Andersen, said that Europe was losing its patience with continued expansion of the settlements beyond the Green Line, such as in Jerusalem, Israel's Capital city. At least the EU has plenty of patience for the murder of Jews.
* At the beginning of the 20th century, Christians constituted approximately 20% of the Middle East population. Today, Christians number about 5%. Said the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom: "The flight of Christians out of the region (Middle East and Muslim world) is unprecedented and it's increasing year by year." It is not terribly difficult to name an Arab/Muslim country in which Christians are suffering. Syria, Iraq, Egypt, Sudan, Nigeria, Mali, Bosnia to name just a few. From North Africa through the Middle East to Afghanistan and beyond, the percentage of each country's population who are Muslims is staggering.
* A few examples: Algeria - 98.2% Muslim, Libya - 96.6%, Egypt - 94.7%, Jordan - 98.8%, Morocco - 99.9%, Syria - 92.8%, Saudi Arabia - 97.1%, Somalia - 98.6%, Turkey - 98.6%, Iran - 99.7%, Afghanistan - 99.8%. Beginning to get the picture? Very few Jews remain in the Arab world, many having been displaced by their host countries after Israel's independence; notwithstanding centuries of citizenship in those countries. And the new state of Palestine that Obama and the Europeans and the UN are trying to force on Israel? Abbas has said that not one single Jew may live there. The international outrage over this ethnic cleansing of Jews? None! Because the moral idiots of the left agree that no Jews should be allowed in the West Bank (Judea and Samaria), even though over million Arabs live in Israel.
* Think about the number of Islamic terror groups of which you have heard mentioned. Groups such as: Al-Aqsa Martyr's Brigades, Al Qaeda and its' many offshoots, Ansar al-Sharia, Boko Haram, Hamas, Hezbollah, Islamic Jihad, the Muslim Brotherhood (of which the Muslim Students Association on US college campuses is an offshoot), and the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine. Now realize there are dozens more you have not heard mentioned. The latest is ISIS, which seeks to establish an Islamic Caliphate in Iraq and Syria, but has announced its intentions to consume the entire Middle East.
* Israel cannot afford this tit for tat. In the entire world world there are less than 14 million Jews, and about 6 million in Israel. The death of one Jew (worldwide) is the equivalent of over 30 Arab deaths and over 114 Muslim deaths. Israel cannot afford the luxury of "proportionality." Such an approach is only seen as weakness by Israel's enemies. Israel needs to take out Hamas once and for all; and to make it clear that other groups will suffer the same fate if they go after the Jews. I realize many liberal readers (including liberal Jews) will be upset at that suggestion. But they will make any excuse to justify the murder of innocents. They will not stand up to true evil, but they can get on board with banning plastic bags.