Sunday, May 2, 2021

A Few Words About the Blog And Me

I started the blog in 2009, after initially sending emails to 5 to 10 people I knew.  I was inspired by my dislike for Obama and his policies.  My daughters said that I should have a blog, and they set it up for me and named it the Truth-Uncensored.  

The blog has a conservative outlook because I am a conservative.  There are plenty of left-wing sites out there (most of the mainstream media) if you want to get that viewpoint.  I read left-wing papers.  I also have the CNN app on my phone.  And Fox, the Wall Street Journal, the USA Today, NBC and various Jewish sites.  Yet I know many on the left will not go near the conservative sites.  They will mock Fox News, never having watched it.  They are happy being spoon fed left-wing propaganda by the mainstream media, social media, Hollywood TV and movies, and academia.

I am not "woke," and have no plans to be.  I do not care for political correctness.  Wokeness and political correctness are poor substitutes for reason and analysis.  But the racist liberals had no problem calling Senator Tim Scott an "Uncle Tim," because he dared to deviate from the accepted ideology of the left.  How dare a black man do such a thing.  How dare he say that the United States is not racist.  I wonder if they have any clue just how racist that idea is - the idea that one's skin color must dictate their view of the world.

I do not support Black Lives Matter.  I do support black lives, and those of all races.  But the BLM movement is anti-police.  I am not.  They are anti-Israel and anti-Semitic.  Unlike most on the left, I a a strong supporter of Israel.  I believe in treating people as individuals, not as members of a larger group based on their race or ethnic background or religion.  

Biden is a liar.  He lied about seeking "unity."  That was the theme of his inaugural address.  Yet, he has shown no signs of seeking unity, having signed far more executive orders than any of his recent predecessors.  And he has pushed far more "progressive" legislation.  Biden also lied about the Georgia election law, encouraging Major League Baseball to move their All Star game out of Atlanta.  He continued to lie about it even after the Washington Post (a left-wing paper) gave him the maximum 4 pinocchios for his lie.   

Biden is ineffectual in dealing with the immigration crisis at the southern border.  He essentially invited all these people to come.  He seems to not care about the human trafficking or drug smuggling.  As with the rest of the progressive left, more immigrants is assumed to mean more Democratic voters.  A Fox News poll of 4/18-4/21/21 of registered voters, found that most of the people polled blamed Biden for the increase in migrants at the border.  38% said it was completely his fault, and 18% said it was mostly his fault.  That's 56% compared to 36% who said it was only a little his fault (21%) or not at all his fault (15%).  

And I'm mad at Biden for continuing to talk about "systemic racism."  As I mentioned in another post today, it discourages young people.  Here's the proof.  I saw an ad on TV.  A little white boy was sitting and playing with toys, and the caption read: "When I grow up...I'll job hop...to avoid toxic workplaces."  The little black girl was also sitting and playing with toys, with this caption: "When I grow up...I will face discrimination for my differences...unless you champion equality."  Anyone who frightens young people like that is sick.  

And I firmly believe that Trump's (and the Republicans') approach to expanding opportunity, which resulted in historic low unemployment rates across all races, is far healthier for society than the government giving people numerous handouts.  

As readers know, some very long term friends have abandoned me, simply because I disagree with them politically.  I have never done that to anybody.  But I found that most on the left refuse to engage in a political discussion.  Even if they start the conversation, they will end it when they are challenged by me.  These are often bright people with no interest in hearing an opposing viewpoint.  Go figure.

So I will continue to do what I do.  But once again, as I have done in the past, I am happy to present another side.  I have done that with my give and take with various professors and others.  And I published an exchange with a Public Editor of the New York Times.  (The Times eliminated that position a number of years ago.  Too much criticism of the paper is my guess.)  And I once offered someone to write his own post, although the offer was declined.       

No comments:

Post a Comment