Thursday, November 26, 2009

Is anybody out there?

Written May 29, 2009

From the May 29, 2009 Jewish Press is an article stating that CIA Director Panetta went to Israel prior to Netanyahu coming to DC. His purpose was to tell Netanyahu and other Israeli leaders that Iran WILL have nuclear weapons and they WILL be able to reach Israel. Furthermore, he told the Israeli NOT to attack Iran without US permission.

In another article in the same edition is a summary of a study conducted by the Israeli government. It states that somewhere in the tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of Israelis would die in the event of a nuclear attack (with the lower numbers dependent on satisfactory bomb shelters). What I read makes no mention of what happens afterwards from the radiation. I guess "Never Again" is now "Get Ready for it Again in our Lifetimes."

In another story from the same edition, Obama has assured the Palestinians that they will have East Jerusalem as their capital. When the Jordanians controlled East Jerusalem Jews were denied access to the Western Wall (Kotel).

And today's front page of the LA Times says "US - Israeli rift becomes an unusually public one." Obama and Clinton and democratic members of Congress have been telling the Israelis that there can be no more construction in the West Bank, even to allow for natural growth of existing communities. Abbas has also told Obama he wants US help in getting Netanyahu out of the Israeli government! Obama has now met separately with Abbas and Netanyahu and it is clear from Obama's comments that he thinks Israel is the bad guy here. I think it would be fair to say that Israel's last remaining friend in the world has just left the room.

In my 5/24 email I had commented on another article confirming that high level strategic meetings between Israel and the US had ended under the Obama administration. Before that I stated that Obama's first phone call to a world leader was Abbas, his first interview was on Al-Jazeera, he bowed to the Saudi King, and apologized to the muslim world. He is now due to address the muslim world from Egypt on June 4.

Does anyone who voted for Obama and supports Israel have even a hint of doubt about their choice? Please do not get me wrong. When Bush spoke about the 2-state solution I criticized him. When Bush said it is unacceptable that Iran obtain nuclear weapons and did nothing about it, I criticized him. But is anyone else starting to feel like we are in 1930's Europe?

P.S. I am now capitalizing the word Palestinian as the small case insulted one of my readers, for which I apologize. My purpose is not to insult, but (and I apologize again because I know how this sounds) to provide information that may not be readily available in the mainstream media and to get people to think about their assumptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment